Teaching and Living in the Middle

A National Board Certified Middle Childhood Generalist Teacher . . . in the Middle of My Teaching Career . . . in the Middle of Life . . .
and Life in the Middle is a wonderful place to be!


Wednesday, July 16, 2014

MEMTA!


This little red folder is ready to go into my carry on!


     Getting so excited for the Mickelson ExxonMobil Teacher's Academy.  Today we had a webinar with 151 participants where we learned about the National Science Teacher's Association Learning Center.  It is an amazing resource full of content learning, lesson ideas, journal articles, professional development, and a whole learning community of teachers.  The options for teachers who want to learn to be better instructors of Science are endless.  

     Tomorrow I will begin the task of not only packing my own bags, but making preparations for my developmentally disabled son for the week I will be gone.  This includes medication prep for 7 days, a medical power of attorney, emergency contact numbers, and a week's worth of "sub-plans."  I think I am going to be napping on the plane!

     I can hardly wait though for the exciting week of learning ahead.  Jersey City, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment