Teaching and Living in the Middle

A National Board Certified Middle Childhood Generalist Teacher . . . in the Middle of My Teaching Career . . . in the Middle of Life . . .
and Life in the Middle is a wonderful place to be!


Tuesday, July 15, 2014


A Slice of Life is a weekly blog hosted by a couple of wonderful writing teachers.  Click on Two Writing Teachers to learn about this wonderful writing community, and how to use it to build a community of writers in your classroom!


Slice of Life


     Today wasn’t a bad day  - I went to a great writing workshop with a couple of colleagues and really enjoyed it.  But yikes I was tired when I got home.  The dogs needed to go out and be fed, I had to run to the store, it was hot outside, I had a headache – yada – yada – yada. 
     So I decided to sit down with a nice cold glass of chardonnay and do something mindless – like look at Pinterest.  I happened upon a post my sister-in-law had pinned.  I call her my BSILF (Best Sister In Law Forever).  Well, she is actually the only sister-in-law in my life at this point – but she is still the best.  She makes me laugh. 
     So today her pin was on a board that she had titled “Stuff That Makes Me Smile.”  I decided I needed a smile day, so I took a trip on over to her board.  I can’t repeat some of the stuff she pinned – suffice it to say I laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes.
     There were irreverent posts about annoying things that husbands and co-workers do, things to do with leftover cake molds that were only appropriate for risqué bachelorette parties, silly memes, the inane, the peculiar, and the downright that-is-so-damn-funny where did you find it? posts.  
     Time to go cook dinner, and to be thankful for humor, and laughter and the joy it brings to a summer afternoon.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. I would save that Pinterest board and return to it often - sounds like just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete