Teaching and Living in the Middle

A National Board Certified Middle Childhood Generalist Teacher . . . in the Middle of My Teaching Career . . . in the Middle of Life . . .
and Life in the Middle is a wonderful place to be!


Sunday, July 13, 2014

Better Lesson Master Teacher Project - Oh My!


Tuesday, July 8, 2014


     Met with my coach yesterday.  Yep, for the very first time - ever - I get my very own coach.  I can't tell you how exciting that is!  I have two deadlines.  First, I have to complete a workplan that lists the number of units and lessons I will create throughout this year.  I need to create somewhere between 90-100 lessons.  This workplan has to be finished by Monday, July 14th.  Second, I have to create the first lesson of my first unit and have it submitted by Sunday, July 13th.  Oh boy . . . I guess I had better get busy.






Wednesday, July 2, 2014




     Oh boy - just a few short weeks ago, I learned how to take a "selfie" on my iphone.  I have now had 3 days of intensive training from the folks at Better Lesson.  I now have Dropbox downloaded to all of my devices (and as you can see above - have figured out how to use it with my new "selfie" skills), have discovered search functions for Google that I never even knew existed, and have learned about a whole 'nother world of technology and applications that will (?) make my life easier.  Yes, I know they will!  The real challenge is . . . can I remember all of the passwords?

Um . . . I guess I should have deleted some of the cell phone photos before I clicked the Dropbox icon.  I have a little work ahead of me - deleting about 600 pictures.  Ugh!

For my teacher peeps - here is the link with a video on how to read the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).  I think we are going to need to refer to this one a lot!



Amy


Sunday, June 29, 2014

     Ten years ago if you would have asked me what it was like to attend a virtual meeting  (webinar) with 55+ people from across the country, I probably wouldn't have had any words to describe it.  Cool - it's way cool!  This webinar begins my experiences as a Master Science Teacher with the Master Teacher Project at Better Lesson.  

     I learned that the 65 Master Science Teachers have 683 years of combined teaching experience, and come from 24 states and every geographic region of the U.S.  That is a lot of brain power!

     I will be training via self study materials using the Google platform, and will then be working with 4 other teachers and a coach to begin developing the unit and lesson plans that I will then carefully craft, work with the folks at Better Lesson to videotape, and then post for my colleagues to access from across the country.

     What an amazing opportunity to publish a body of work that will allow me to reach out and touch the future!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment